V's Mexican Quiche
This is one of my own creations! experimenting with ingredients, I came up with a sure to please quiche. The sausage, green chilis and cilantro give it a nice mexican flavor.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb bulk Italian sausage (or pork sausage)
- 20 ounces condensed cream of potato soup, undiluted (2 cans)
- 12 eggs
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 1 (3 ounce) can diced green chilies (diced)
- 1 small onion, diced
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a skillet, cook sausage over medium heat until no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in soup.
- In a mixing bowl, beat eggs, milk and pepper; stir in sausage mixture.
- Add chopped cilantro, green chilis and onions, add soup, stir until well blended.
- Transfer to a lightly greased (or cooking spray) 11-in x 7-in x 2 inches baking dish.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake uncovered at 375* for 40-45 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center come out clean.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
OMG! This was FAB. I used egg beaters instead of real eggs and when I browned my meat I also rinsed it to get some of the fat out. I had to omit the cilantro, (store was out) but my oh my was this great. I forgot the cheese and it still tasted great. I went back and added the cheese to the rest of the casserole and put in warm oven for about 2 mins to melt the cheese. Thanks for coming up with this recipe V. Definately will be making this again!