photo by Pureyum
- Ready In:
- 1hr 20mins
1 deep dish pie
- 9 inches unbaked pie crusts (deep dish)
- 5 eggs
- 1 (1 ounce) package taco seasoning
- 1 lb ground sirloin
- 1 1⁄4 cups half-and-half
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups monterey jack pepper cheese (freshly shredded)
- 1⁄2 cup extra-sharp cheddar cheese (freshly shredded)
- 1⁄2 bell pepper (diced)
- 1 jalapeno (seeded, finely diced)
- 4 tablespoons green chilies (canned diced)
- 1 bunch green onion (thinly sliced)
- 2 roma (tomatoe's seeded, diced)
- 2 tablespoons black olives (sliced)
- 2 tablespoons cilantro (finely chopped)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- Pre heat oven at 400 degrees.
- Fit pie crust into a deep dish pie plate. Cover so it won't dry out while preparing ingredients.
- Prepare ground sirloin with Taco seasoning per pkg. instructions -- set aside 2 cups.
- Heat butter in skillet, add bell pepper, green onion saute until softened.
- In a small bowl, combine bell pepper, green onion, jalepeno, green chiles and tomatoes.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, half and half, with sour cream until well blended, gently stir in all remaining ingredients, except hamburger and olives.
- Gently press the 2 cups of seasoned ground sirloin in bottom of pie, gently pour in egg mixture, top with olives.
- Cover with tented foil, bake 45 minutes -- remove cover, continue baking another 15-20 minutes or until center of pie is firm. Allow to cool for at least ten minutes before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!