- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F Line a muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a small bowl, mix together flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat together sugar and butter until well combined. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla extract. Alternately beat in flour mixture and milk, making three additions of flour mixture and two of milk, beating until smooth. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Scoop batter into prepared pan. Bake in preheated oven for 23 to 28 minutes or until golden and tops of cupcakes spring back when lightly touched. Let cool in pan on rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and let cool completely on rack.
- Top cooled cupcakes with favorite frosting.