Prep 10 mins
Cook 28 mins
From 125 Best Cupcake Recipes. Delicious cupcakes. Used Chocolate Fudge Frosting to frost.
Make and share this Very Vanilla Chocolate Chip Cupcakes recipe from Food.com.
- Preheat oven to 350°F Line a muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a small bowl, mix together flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat together sugar and butter until well combined. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla extract. Alternately beat in flour mixture and milk, making three additions of flour mixture and two of milk, beating until smooth. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Scoop batter into prepared pan. Bake in preheated oven for 23 to 28 minutes or until golden and tops of cupcakes spring back when lightly touched. Let cool in pan on rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and let cool completely on rack.
- Top cooled cupcakes with favorite frosting.
While tasty I was disappointed in these cupcakes. All the chocolate chips sank to the bottom. Maybe I did something wrong but don't think I'll make these again.
Good recipe. I used more chocolate chips, probably a cup total and tossed them in flour before adding to the mix so they wouldn't sink. Next time I will cut the baking time to 20 mins. I think mine were a little over baked.
These muffins came out great and so tasty. I didn't frost them. They were light and fluffy. I increased the choc chips to 3/4 cup - next time I will double the required choc chip amount.