Prep 10 mins
Cook 28 mins
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F Line a muffin pan with paper liners.
- In a small bowl, mix together flour, baking powder and salt.
- In a large bowl, using an electric mixer, beat together sugar and butter until well combined. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in vanilla extract. Alternately beat in flour mixture and milk, making three additions of flour mixture and two of milk, beating until smooth. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Scoop batter into prepared pan. Bake in preheated oven for 23 to 28 minutes or until golden and tops of cupcakes spring back when lightly touched. Let cool in pan on rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pan and let cool completely on rack.
- Top cooled cupcakes with favorite frosting.
While tasty I was disappointed in these cupcakes. All the chocolate chips sank to the bottom. Maybe I did something wrong but don't think I'll make these again.
All the chips sunk to the bottom....may have been cook's error but wont waste the ingredients to try this recipe again. Also fill the cups as high as you can because the cupcakes won't rise much...in some cases even shrunk back. I gave three stars because the taste is good.
Very easy. I just figured out it really makes a difference to the outcome of my baking to really cream the butter and sugar. Used the trick of flour in the chocolate chips and it worked. I really wanted my cupcakes to rise which is why these only got 4 stars. (I still haven't figured out how to do this) overall very lovely not too sweet but I didn't even need icing.