Recipe by SaucyCook
This is so simple and quick, and tasty--it gives you the sweet orange chicken fix you want, without all the time involved in the usual Chicken L'orange recipes.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
I pretty much cut this recipe down to serve 2 by using 2 large chicken breasts. However, that was the only ingredient I reduced, so we had plenty of sauce for both chicken & the brown rice served with it! Very nice recipe & one worth keeping! Thanks for sharing! [Tagged, made & reviewed for one of my adopted chefs in the current Pick-A-Chef]
- 2 1⁄2-3 lbs ready to cook broiler-fryer chickens, cut up (or chicken breasts, if preferred)
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 6 ounces frozen orange juice concentrate (thawed)
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons snipped parsley
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- hot cooked rice
Directions See How It's Made
- In skillet with shortening, brown chicken on all sides.
- Sprinkle with 1 teaspoon salt.
- Add paprika.
- Arrange onion over top of chicken.
- Combine juice, brown sugar, parsley, soy, ginger and 1/4 cup of water; pour over chicken and onion.
- Cover and simmer until chicken is tender, 35-50 minutes.
- Serve over hot rice.