Pork Chops in Orange Sauce
photo by lazyme
- Ready In:
- 4 pork chops
- 2 tablespoons flour
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ginger
- 2 oranges
- Coat pork chops in seasoned flour.
- Heat butter in large frying pan and brown chops well on both sides.
- Arrange in casserole dish.
- Combine sugar, ginger, grated rind and the juice of the oranges and pour over chops.
- Cover and bake at 180º for 45-50 minutes.
- Turn during cooking and add water if necessary.
- NB:- I like to serve these with rice but it is also nice served with salad, coleslaw or winter veggies.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
*Christie,I prepared this dish recently.I had expected a little stronger ginger taste,perhaps the juice could be measured in cup size ,rather than just as two oranges,I have a feeling my result was too much juice.The chops tasted fine and were moist.The 180* temperature was not identified as C or F ,but I did mine as F..I did try to contact you,but at this time you do not accept messages.The next time I make will try and adjust juice level to see if a difference is made,Cheers.....Don
see 1 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I'm in the southern most part of the world. In Invercargill New Zealand. I live with my husband Milton, our two boys Alexander (22 September 2004) and Mason (21 November 2006) and our daughter Ruby (18 April 2008). We also have four burmese cats, Rastus, Morte, Ophelia and Loki. And we have a fish called Newton (and Gary the snail) I have also just started playing tag in the New Zealand/Australia forum. <img src="http://i112.photobucket.com/albums/n191/bb_babe626/AUST5.jpg"> <img src="http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z205/jubespage/ZaarBanners/recipetag2-1.jpg">