Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Someone gave me this recipe when they heard my husband hunted. We haven't tried it yet...but hunting season is coming so I am sure we will try it when we have ground venison again.
For the meatballs
- 1 1⁄4 lbs ground venison
- 1⁄3 cup breadcrumbs
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 2 tablespoons fresh Italian parsley, finely chopped
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh thyme, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon granulated onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
For the Sauce
- 1⁄3 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- Make the meatballs in a medium bowl. Combine the ingredients. Use your hands to mix until the ingredients are evenly distributed. Wet your hands with cold water and shape the meat into balls. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate at least 45 minutes or until very cold.
- Make the sauce in a small bowl by whisking the ingredients together.
- Spray grill with Pam before placing over hot coals. Dip each meatball in olive oil before placing on the grill. Grill over direct heat until the meat is thoroughly cooked but not dry, 6-8 minutes, gently turning occasionally. Arrange on a platter with toothpicks. Serve with sauce.