Venison Meatballs in Wine Sauce
I tweaked this recipe from several recipes at the bbc; zaar 6.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb ground venison
- 1⁄4 cup minced onion
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, fresh ground
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 onion, cut in rings
- 1 garlic clove
- 1⁄2 cup mixed mushrooms, diced
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 cup red wine
- Mix venison, onion, paprika, Worcestershire sauce, flour, and black pepper together for meatballs.
- Form mixture into small balls.
- Bake the meatballs at 425 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes until just done but still soft .
- For the sauce, melt butter in a pan; fry onion and garlic; add mushrooms.
- Add meat balls and juice.
- Fry 5 minutes; add wine; simmer until sauce thickens.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Rethinking needed, had to add 1 cup red wine then 1/2-1 cup beef broth, but I think the problem was 4 TABLESPOONS flour; are you sure you didn't mean 4 teaspoons flour? The recipe could benefit from cooking temperature, cooking time. When was flour supposed to enter? Our meatballs were overdone by the time we served them. This household will try almost ANY venison recipe, so please clarify. Made for Spring Photo Tag.Reply
Other than the addition of salt to the meatballs and sauce and extra mushrooms so I didn't have to make a veggie as well, I did the recipe as written. It is very good recipe and easy enough for a weekday dinner when you don't have a lot energy to do much cooking. I did this with venison as the recipe calls for but I would imagine it would be great with wild boar as well. We had this with potato dumplings, it would also be good on rice.1Reply