Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Simply the best sausage recipe we have tried. Great to make and freeze.
Make and share this Venison Bratwurst Sausage recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs ground deer meat (ground)
- 2 lbs pork butt (ground)
- 1 large onion, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1 teaspoon caraway seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground sage
- 1 teaspoon marjoram
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- casing, soaked in water for two hours and rinsed thoroughly (place casing end over tap and letting water run through)
- Mix ingredients thoroughly and place meat mixture into food grinder gradually (This is better if you have two people).
- Place casing end over stuffing tube and hold.
- Turn grinder on and when casing starts to fill with air, stop machine and squeeze air out.
- Tie end off.
- Push meat thru steadily, filling casing.
- Let sausage coil as you fill.
- Gently pinch casing and twist 3-4 times.
- Grill or simmer 20-30 minutes until well done.