Prep 1 hr
Cook 15 mins
All veggie spring rolls are a great side dish or appetizer. I like to dip them in sweet & sour sauce. DELICIOUS!
- 1 cup broccoli
- 1 cup carrot
- 2 cups cabbage
- 1 cup snow peas
- 8 -10 shallots
- 1 cup mushroom
- fresh grated ginger
- 2 -3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 -3 teaspoons sesame oil
- 2 -3 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- white pepper
- egg roll wraps or spring roll wrappers
- Cut up all veggies into small pieces (thinly sliced).
- In large pan or wok heat up veg. oil and add mushrooms and ginger. After a minute, add rest of veggies. Cook for 2-3 minute
- Add sesame oil, soy sauce, sugar, salt and pepper, to taste. Cook another 3 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Take a wrapper, use fingers to moisten the edge with water, lay the wrapper in a diamond shape and place veg mixture in middle.
- Fold up bottom, sides and then roll up to the top (use enough water to seal).
- I bake mine in a cake pan that has been greased with some oil spritzed on top, 400 degrees for 10-15 min (until brown), but you could steam or fry.
The filling was very good. I could not find spring roll wraps (small town living) and did not want egg roll wraps (I'm a vegan) so I tried to be creative and rolled these in Nori. Interesting. Still very flavorful especially with the plum sauce, but I can't wait until I can make these again with spring roll wraps! Thanks for a great recipe!
Update: I found the spring roll wrappers and the spring rolls were exceptional! I made 15 fairly large ones. Eat some now - freeze some for later.
Wonderful as an appetizer! It is an inexpensive appetizer and super good!!!! I did a few things differently and used one different ingredient. Instead of Egg Roll Wraps I used Spring Roll Wraps - they are much lighter in texture and work really well when baked. They come out crisp & light.. I made 24 small finger rolls and then decided that was a lot of work so I used my tiny tartlet tins to do the other 2 dozen - I placed the folded side down in the tin and flipped them over to brown well half way through the baking - oven time apprx 15 minutes-all in all I got 48 appetizers and some filling left over ( this I will use in Fried rice for tomorrow nights dinner). I served the appetizers with a sweet hot chili sauce on the side. I am freezing 3 dozen and will post on the results when I use them. mommy2taylor this is going into my appetizer cook book to keep Thanks for posting
LOVE THEM!! I used spring roll wrappers and baked them (to keep the recipe lighter) and everyone said I should make these again. I served them with plum sauce for dipping and chinese fried rice.