Recipe by Derf
Great flavourfull mix.
Top Review by Mark & Stacy
We really like the squash and onions. The carrots and celery were okay. The apples were cooked away, but that's probably where a lot of the liquid came from. The cabbage added some bite. We were looking for a way to pack a lot of veggies, and this did it, it just didn't wow us. Chopping all of the veggies (and peeling the squash!) was time consuming, but this was very simple recipe.
- 2 cups cabbage, shredded
- 1 cup squash, cubed (I used acorn)
- 1 cup onion, sliced
- 2 celery ribs, sliced with top leaves
- 1 medium carrot, thinly sliced
- 1 apple, cubed (granny smith works well)
- 1⁄2 cup beef broth (low sodium)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper, freshly ground
- vegetable oil cooking spray