Recipe by MsLizze
I am searching for a healthier pizza, and this is my first step towards one. I plan on using turkey pepperoni and a whole wheat crust in the future, but this pizza turned out really well. My family really liked it. I recommend the pizza sauce that I posted as a separate recipe for this pizza because it throws in some extra veggies in the sauce.
Top Review by SmoochTheCook
I was looking for a recipe to pretty much tell me what temp and how long, but this helped also with where to put the ingredients, because I have been putting the veggies on top. This was much better and was eaten up in a hurry. I halved the recipe and left out the tomatoes and red bell pepper, because I didn't have any. Also added in some sliced black olives and banana peppers on part for my son. Thanks for the great instructions!
- 2 prepared pizza crust
- 2 cups pizza sauce
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 8 ounces Italian cheese blend, shredded
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package pepperoni
- 2 roma tomatoes, sliced very thin
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 450.
- Spread the pepperoni between two paper towels and blot to remove the excess grease.
- Brush the olive oil over the pizza crusts and cover with the pizza sauce.
- Next add the cheese, pepperoni, and tomatoes in that order.
- Finally topped with the chopped vegetables.
- Place pizzas on pizza stones or pizza pans. These really work better than cookie sheets.
- Change the oven temperature to 425 before putting the pizzas in the oven.
- Bake until the crust is a golden brown. About 15 minutes.