1/1 Photo of Vegetarian Meatloaf - Healthy
1 hr 10 mins
This meatloaf is as good or better than the "animal protein" version, but with cholesterol levels as they are this vegetarian version is good tasting and good for you. I really enjoyed this as a meatloaf sandwich. This is a variation of a vegan recipe I found in a vegetarian magazine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup walnuts, crushed
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 3/4 cup onion, chopped
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 10 ounces firm tofu
- 8 ounces fat free feta cheese, crumbles
- 1 1/4 cups quick-cooking oats
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 tablespoons ketchup, more
- ketchup, for topping
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1Preheat Oven to 350°F.
- 2Grind walnuts to powder and set aside.
- 3Sauté celery, onion, green onion and garlic over medium heat until tender about 4 minutes.
- 4Remove veggies from heat and let cool while you do the following steps.
- 5Mash tofu in a bowl and stir in walnuts, feta, oats, soy sauce, ketchup, mustard, parsley, and poultry seasoning.
- 6Once mixed stir in veggies.
- 7Season with salt and pepper.
- 8Coat 9X5in loaf pan with cooking spray.
- 9Add mixture and pack in tightly.
- 10Top with a thin coat of ketchup.
- 11Bake for 55 minutes.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetarian Meatloaf - Healthy
Serving Size: 1 (98 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 241.8
- Calories from Fat 102
- Total Fat 11.3 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2047.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.4 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 13.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
fat free feta cheese