This is a popular vegetable stir fry made in the Philippines. My good Filipino friend and helper, Marina, has made this for our family several times and we always enjoy it. Use a vegetarian or vegan chicken seasoning like McKay's Chicken Seasoning to make it vegetarian or vegan and use soymilk. Serve it with a side of rice.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 0.5 (15 ounce) can baby corn
- 9 ounces green beans
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1/2 head cabbage, chopped
- 1 small chayote, chopped (optional)
- 4 -5 ounces snow peas
- 1 small head cauliflower, chopped
- 1 small head broccoli, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 stalk celery
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 onion
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons chicken-flavored vegetarian seasoning (I use McKay's Vegan Chicken Seasoning)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/2 cup soymilk, unsweetened or 1/2 cup milk
- 1 cup water
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 1In a wok or large pan heat oil, garlic, and onion until golden brown.
- 2Add all vegetables except the cabbage.
- 3Stir and cook for 15-20 minutes.
- 4Mix in the chicken flavored seasoning.
- 5In a small bowl dissolve the cornstarch in the water. Add the water and cornstarch, and the soymilk or milk to the vegetables.
- 6Mix in the salt and pepper and then the cabbage.
- 7Cook until the cabbage is done (maybe 3 minutes) and eat hot with a side of rice.
Browse Our Top Cauliflower Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegetarian Chop Suey (Filipino)
Serving Size: 1 (447 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 262.7
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 153.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.9 g
- Sugars 15.5 g
- Protein 13.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chicken-flavored vegetarian seasoning