Chicken Chop Suey
photo by Yorky1000
- Ready In:
- 3 teaspoons garlic, pureed
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1⁄2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cornflour
- 400 g chicken breasts, sliced
- 200 g garden peas
- 200 g bok choy, stalks and leaves sliced separately
- 200 g mushrooms, sliced
- 200 g water chestnuts, sliced
- 1 red capsicum, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 150 g bamboo shoots, sliced
- 150 g bean sprouts
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 1 teaspoon oyster sauce
- 1⁄2 liter chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Mix the garlic, oyster sauce, soya sauce, salt and cornflour in a bowl. Add the chicken slices and mix well to ensure the chicken is well coated. Refrigerate for 2 hours.
- In a large wok, stir fry each of the vegetables (except the bean sprouts) separately in a little hot olive oil for about 2 minutes each, then keep aside in a bowl, Similarly fry the bean sprouts but only for 1 minute. Add to the bowl.
- Remove the chicken from the marinade and stir fry in a little hot olive oil until cooked (around 3 to 4 minutes.
- Return all the vegetables to the wok and mix well.
- Combine the oyster sauce, cornflour and chicken stock in a jug and then add to the wok. Season and bring to a simmer. Serve immediately.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!