Recipe by Enjolinfam
This is a popular vegetable stir fry made in the Philippines. My good Filipino friend and helper, Marina, has made this for our family several times and we always enjoy it. Use a vegetarian or vegan chicken seasoning like McKay's Chicken Seasoning to make it vegetarian or vegan and use soymilk. Serve it with a side of rice.
- 0.5 (15 ounce) can baby corn
- 9 ounces green beans
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1⁄2 head cabbage, chopped
- 1 small chayote, chopped (optional)
- 4 -5 ounces snow peas
- 1 small head cauliflower, chopped
- 1 small head broccoli, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 stalk celery
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 onion
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons chicken-flavored vegetarian seasoning (I use McKay's Vegan Chicken Seasoning)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup soymilk, unsweetened or 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1 cup water
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- In a wok or large pan heat oil, garlic, and onion until golden brown.
- Add all vegetables except the cabbage.
- Stir and cook for 15-20 minutes.
- Mix in the chicken flavored seasoning.
- In a small bowl dissolve the cornstarch in the water. Add the water and cornstarch, and the soymilk or milk to the vegetables.
- Mix in the salt and pepper and then the cabbage.
- Cook until the cabbage is done (maybe 3 minutes) and eat hot with a side of rice.