Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
A recipe from Creamettes. I sometimes add diced white chicken meat or substitute cannellini beans for the corn. I've only used kluski-style egg noodles for this recipe, so I don't know how regular egg noodles would hold up.
- 1 1⁄2 cups kluski egg noodles, uncooked
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 3⁄4 cup cubed peeled potato (1/2-inch)
- 1⁄2 cup sliced celery
- 1⁄2 cup sliced carrot
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup cut green beans
- 1⁄2 cup corn
- 1⁄2 cup peas
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 3 1⁄2 cups vegetable broth (two 14-1/2 oz. cans) or 3 1⁄2 cups chicken broth (two 14-1/2 oz. cans)
- 2 cups tomato juice
- In 5-quart saucepan stir together all the ingredients; heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat; cover.
- Simmer 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender; discard bay leaf.