Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
This is so healthy and delicious. It's a great recipe for Vegans too. I think it originally came from the New York Times.
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cups water
- 3 vegetable bouillon cubes
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 stalk celery & leaves, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 leek, chopped
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 butternut squash, peeled and diced
- 14 ounces diced tomatoes or 1⁄2 cup tomato sauce
- fresh spinach
- Saute onion, carrot, celery (stalk and leaves), garlic, leek, and thyme in olive oil.
- Add water and bouillon cubes.
- Add squash and spinach.
- Add tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with pepper.
- Simmer 1 hour, partially covered.