Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
An nice supper without the meat. I like this one on a busy day.
Make and share this Vegetable Skillet Supper recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 3 cups chopped assorted fresh vegetables (I use broccoli, green beans, peas, carrots, whatever I have on hand)
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, drained (or black beans)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat oil in lg skillet until hot.
- Add onions and vegetables of your choice and saute for 10 minutes, until crisp-tender.
- Add tomato sauce,chili powder, salt, sugar and cayenne.
- Mix well; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add beans; simmer for 5 minutes more.
- Sprinkle with cheese.