Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
An nice supper without the meat. I like this one on a busy day.
Make and share this Vegetable Skillet Supper recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 3 cups chopped assorted fresh vegetables (I use broccoli, green beans, peas, carrots, whatever I have on hand)
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans, drained (or black beans)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Heat oil in lg skillet until hot.
- Add onions and vegetables of your choice and saute for 10 minutes, until crisp-tender.
- Add tomato sauce,chili powder, salt, sugar and cayenne.
- Mix well; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add beans; simmer for 5 minutes more.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
We loved this simple-to-make skillet supper. We used 4 cups of vegetables, and next time I will probably use a bit more to feed the four of us. The vegetables we used were baby carrots, broccoli, green beans and a little bit of asparagus--loved the combination--served this with (store bought) bread and we all ate every last bit. This was great for a Saturday night supper when we've been busy running around all day. Thanks Miss Nezz for posting another keeper recipe.
This was just delicious, and very easy to make. I don't have a lot of time to cook since I commute so far to work, but this was so easy I had dinner on the table in under 30 minutes. I used the fresh veggies I had on hand, cabbage broccoli and zucchini. Very tasty! Thanks, this will be a regular at my house.
This recipe was fast, easy, and tasty! My husband and I are trying to eat vegetarian dinners at least twice per week, and this is a nice choice. I think I will spice it up a bit next time, with additional cayenne pepper, hot sauce, and perhaps some diced green chiles (but we like our food really spicy :-) Otherwise, this was a nice vegetarian meal. Thanks!