Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Picked this up at the food Co-op
- 1 lb chow mein noodles, fresh
- 6 ounces shiitake mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 small yellow onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large carrot, cut in half lengthwise and sliced thinly on the diagonal
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced on the diagonal
- 2 cups napa cabbage, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons hoisin sauce
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro, chopped
- Boil noodles in salted water to desired doneness; rinse under cold water and drain well. Coat noodles with a bit of oil to prevent sticking.
- In a small bowl combine 1/4 cup vegetabe shock, soy sauce, Hoisin sauce and sesame oil. Mix well.
- In a large non-stick saute' pan, heat 2 tablespoons oil and saute' yellow onion until translucent. Add carrots, celery, cabbage and mushrooms and saute' until vegetables are tender. Add garlic and curry powder and saute' 20 seconds. Season with salt and pepper, remove from pan and set aside.
- To the pan add 1 tablespoon oil and add noodles and stir-fry noodles for 2-3 minutes to crisp them up a bit, stirring frequently. When noodles are crisp, return the vegetables to the pan and mix well. Add liquid seasonings from step 3 and mix in well.
- Garnish with green onions and chopped cilantro.