Recipe by Enjolinfam
I LOVE spinach dip! Healthy alternative and fun way to eat tofu. I was going to make this today before posting this, but ran out of time. I'll give an update once I make it which if I can help it should be very soon! This is another one of my new recipes from Neva & Jim Brackett's 7 Secrets Cookbook to lose weight, lower cholesterol, and reverse diabetes. Cooking time does not include time needed for dip to chill which is 2-3 hours. Update: I know honey isn't vegan which is why I listed or sugar, but I personally don't mind using honey. So, if you want this meal to completely vegan for you, don't use honey. I did try this today and was happy to get that taste I'd been missing. :)
- 1 cup firm tofu or 1 (12 ounce) box tofu
- 1⁄3 cup raw cashew nuts (optional)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey or 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon mock poultry seasoning
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 -2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- water, as needed
- 1 tablespoon potato flour (optional)
- 1⁄2 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 (4 -7 ounce) can water chestnuts, chopped (amount depends on your taste, I personally like lots of water chestnuts!)
- 10 ounces spinach, thoroughly drained and chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend the first eight ingredients until smooth, adding only enough water for all the mixture to go through the blades easily. Add potato flour if it's too runny and blend for 1 minute.
- Pour into a mixing bowl and add remaining ingredients.
- Chill 2-3 hours. Use as a dip or spread on crackers or bread.