1 hr 2 mins
Colleen Marie's Note:
I was hunting around for SPAM and Tofu Musubi recipes and decided to give this a try. Surprisingly enough, the vegan SPAM almost tastes like the real thing!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Finely chop celery and onion.
- 2Place dried soybeans in a blender and pulse several times until they are pulverized to a powder. Add all other ingredients except the cornmeal.
- 3Blend until smooth.
- 4Place everything in a bowl and stir in cornmeal until completely mixed.
- 5Oil two 14.5 oz. cleaned cans (from canned foods). Put half of the mixture into each. Cover with foil, secure with rubber bands.
- 6Place the cans into a Dutch oven or large pot and fill with water so they are 1/3 of the way submerged.
- 7Bring the water to a boil, then cover, reduce heat, and simmer, steaming the SPAM for approximately two hours.
- 8Remove cans from pot and cool. Using a can opener remove the other side of the can and push SPAM through. Slice, season and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Soy/Tofu Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegan Spam
Serving Size: 1 (179 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 299.7
- Calories from Fat 131
- Total Fat 14.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2341.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 30.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 5.3 g
- Protein 17.8 g