1/1 Photo of Vegan Enchilada Pie
Recipe revised from a version on EatBetterAmerica.com. Feel free to top this off with a dollop of guacamole and some sliced black olives to make it extra special
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 12 ounces vegetarian ground beef (I use Morningstar crumbles)
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 10 ounces red enchilada sauce (if you are vegan, either make your own, or purchase a vegan brand)
- 1/2 cup frozen corn, thawed, drained
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can chopped green chilies, drained
- 1 cup pinto beans, drained (may sub black beans)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 4 flour tortillas for burritos (from 11 oz package)
- 1/4 cup shredded soy cheese (optional)
- 1Heat oven to 350°F In 12-inch nonstick skillet, cook onion over medium-high heat 5 to 7 minutes, stirring occasionally, until soft.
- 2Add griller crumbles.
- 3Reserve 1/4 cup enchilada sauce; set aside.
- 4Add remaining enchilada sauce, corn and chiles to onion/"beef" mixture. Stir in cumin and chili powder. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer uncovered 5 minutes.
- 5Spray 9-inch round (2-quart) glass baking dish with cooking spray. Place 1 tortilla in casserole; top with about 3/4 cup of the beef mixture and 1/3 cup of beans.
- 6Repeat layers 3 times. Top with remaining tortilla, the reserved enchilada sauce and soy cheese (again, cheese is optional).
- 7Bake, uncovered, 30.
- 8Cool 5 minutes and serve.
Browse Our Top Savory Pies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegan Enchilada Pie
Serving Size: 1 (186 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 211.2
- Calories from Fat 70
- Total Fat 7.8 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 35.1 mg
- Sodium 459.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.8 g
- Sugars 5.1 g
- Protein 15.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: