Wish I Could Cook's Note:
This recipe is from the Ultimate Uncheese Cookbook and has a zillion excellent reviews. Hope you enjoy this tasty and much healthier version too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups white wine (or 1 cup rice vinegar plus one cup water)
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup nutritional yeast flakes
- 1/3 cup quick-cooking rolled oats
- 1/4 cup tahini
- 4 tablespoons arrowroot or 4 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1Put all of the ingredients into a blender.Blend for a few minutes. Ensure that the oats are ground until fine. You are aiming for a smooth consistency.
- 2Pour this mixture into a heavy-based saucepan. Bring to the boil while stirring constantly.
- 3Reduce heat to low and simmer for a few minutes. Continue to stir until the mixture turns thick and smooth.
- 4Prepare the fondue pot (rub with garlic and or grease with some olive oil. Pour in the vegan fondue and keep warm in the usual fashion for fondue.
- 5Provide crusty bread and some veggies like broccoli, mushrooms, etc.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Vegan Cheese Fondue
Serving Size: 1 (250 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 332.6
- Calories from Fat 88
- Total Fat 9.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 700.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 32.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.6 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 14.0 g