Recipe by Brittney_B
This delectably delicious cheesecake is a huge crowd pleaser in my family. The brilliant crunchy hazelnut crust is a perfect contrast to the sweet, smooth texture of the vanilla filling. This one is always requested for family dinner parties and looks amazing decorated with chocolate truffles (see my other recipes).
Top Review by Darkhunter
Loved the hazelnut crust! Absolutely delicious! I think I'll use this crust recipe for all my cheesecakes, from now on! I dropped one star because of the filling. Not quite as smooth as I would have liked. I thought I had apricot jam, but when I checked the fridge, all I had was grape and strawberry. So I went with the strawberry, and it was quite good! Thnx for sharing your recipe, Brittney. Made for My-3-Chefs 2009.
- 80 g butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3⁄4 cup plain flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄3 cup caster sugar
- 1⁄3 cup hazelnuts, roasted, chopped coarsely
- 1⁄4 cup apricot jam, warmed
- chocolate truffle, to decorate (see my other recipes)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 250 g cream cheese, softened
- 500 g ricotta cheese
- 2⁄3 cup caster sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 eggs
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan-forced). Lightly grease a 24cm diametre springform cake tin and line its base with baking paper (cut to fit).
- Combine the top 7 ingredients in a medium bowl. Press mixture over the base of the prepared tin so that it covers the entire base without any gaps.
- Refrigerate for 20 minutes then bake base in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Remove from oven and spread evenly with jam. Reduce temperature to 150°C (130°C fan-forced).
- For the cheesecake filling, beat the cream cheese, ricotta, vanilla extract, half the sugar and juice in a large bowl with an electric mixer until just combined; do not over-beat.
- Combine the remaining sugar and eggs in a separate bowl and beat with an electric mixer for 5 minutes on high speed or until thick and creamy.
- Gently fold the egg mixture into cheese mixture and carefully pour over prepared base. Bake in preheated oven for about 45 minutes.
- Cool cheesecake in oven with door ajar for at least 2 hrs then refrigerate overnight.
- To serve, decorate the centre of the cheesecake with a pyramid of assorted prepared truffles or chocolate curls.