Recipe by Londonsbk
From epicuriouis.com. Loved these. These crustless individual cheesecakes have a gooey, honeyed topping.
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, room temperature
- 2⁄3 cup packed golden brown sugar
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- assorted fresh berries (for garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 300°F Butter twelve 3/4-cup ramekins or custard cups. Place 1 cup sugar, honey, and butter in heavy medium saucepan. Stir over medium heat until butter melts and mixture is blended. Increase heat to medium-high and bring to boil. Whisk until mixture darkens slightly and candy thermometer registers 300°F, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat; add 1/3 cup water (mixture will bubble vigorously); whisk to blend. Divide topping among ramekins (about 2 tablespoonfuls for each). Divide ramekins between 2 roasting pans and chill while preparing filling.
- Using on/off turns, blend cream cheese and brown sugar in processor, scraping bowl occasionally. Add sour cream, lemon juice, and vanilla; process until smooth. Add eggs 1 at a time, processing just to blend between additions. Divide filling among ramekins. Add enough hot water to pans to come halfway up sides of ramekins.
- Bake cheesecakes until set, about 35 minutes. Remove from roasting pans and chill until firm, about 1 hour. DO AHEAD Can be made 2 days ahead. Cover and keep chilled.
- Run thin knife around sides of ramekins. Invert onto plates, scooping any remaining topping from ramekins over cheesecakes. Garnish with berries.