Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
Found this in an old recipe box from a friend. Have not made it yet but it sounds really good.
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon prepared mustard
- 1 (8 ounce) cansliced pineapple, drained
- 2 1⁄2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons minced onions
- 1 1⁄3 cups Minute Rice
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup water
- 4 ham slices, about 1/4 inch thick each
- Combine butter, sugar, and mustard in 9X5X3 inch baking dish. Place in a 400 degree oven until butter melts. Blend; top with pineapple. Return to oven.
- Meanwhile, mix remaining ingredients except ham in saucepan. Bring to a boil, Reduce heat. Cover; simmer 5 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Top pineapple with ham. Spread with rice mixture.
- Cover; bake 10 minutes. Cool 5 minutes; invert onto serving dish.
Great little quick dinner for a weeknight dinner. Except for leaving the mustard out, made as posted. No leftovers here !! Will save this --perfect for a weeknight dinner. Made for Zaar Cookbook tag.
This was very good. Instead of Minute Rice, I used cooked Lund brown rice (very hearty) and added a bit of pineapple juice. I will be making this a lot - thank you so much. Always good to have an excellent recipe on hand for leftover ham.
I first had this recipe at my MIL's. Lost my copy and was so happy to find it here. My husband likes extra butter and sugar on his but this is a great fast recipe to use up those ham leftovers.