Recipe by wife2abadge
This was a little bland, but if you're not worried about sodium, a bit of salt made it fabulous! 8 (1 cup) servings: 144 calories, 21 g carbs, 11 g protein, 1 g fat, 15 mg cholesterol, 3 g fiber, 92 mg sodium.
Top Review by Karen R.
I tried this because I had a bag of mini sweet peppers to use up. I ended up deviating a bit more than planned after discovering I didn't have any stewed tomatoes. Instead I used a can of Italian-seasoned diced tomatoes plus a can of tomato soup. I agree that it needed salt, added about a teaspoon to the pot and it turned out delicious
- 1⁄2 lb ground round, browned
- 3 cups fat free low-sodium beef broth
- 2 cups low-sodium V8 juice
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans no-salt-added stewed tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup instant rice