Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
An easy casserole with half the work of the real thing.... no rolling !!
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 lb extra lean ground beef
- 1 -2 teaspoon salt-free Italian herb seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup long grain rice, uncooked
- 26 ounces tomato and basil pasta sauce
- 1 cup water
- 6 cups shredded cabbage
- Par-boil cabbage to soften, then drain.
- Cook ground beef and onion in large no-stick skillet,.
- Season to taste and add rice to mixture.
- Use no-stick spray on a 9x13 casserole dish, layer 1/2 cabbage.
- Spread beef and rice mixture on top of cabbage.
- Cover with remaining cabbage.
- Combine pasta sauce and water.Season to taste.
- Pour evenly over casserole.
- Cover dish with foil.
- Bake in 350*F oven for 45 minutes.
- Add extra water to keep it saucy. Check that rice is tender.
- Uncover & continue baking up to 15 minute until done.