1/2 Photos of Tyler's Ultimate Pot Roast
3 hrs 15 mins
I watched him making this pot roast a couple of weeks ago and the end result looked amazing I just had to try it. This is total comfort food.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (3 -4 lb) beef chuck roast, trimmed fat (3-4 pounds)
- kosher salt
- black pepper, freshly ground
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (28 ounce) can crushed tomatoes
- 1 cup water
- 2 yellow onions, halved
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 bunch baby carrots
- 2 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 cup button mushroom (stems removed and sliced in half)
- 2 sprigs fresh rosemary
- 4 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 1Season all sides of the beef with a fair amount of salt and pepper.
- 2In a large Dutch oven or other heavy pot that has a tight cover; heat 2 tablespoons of the oil over moderately high heat.
- 3Brown the meat on all sides, taking the time to get a nice crust on the outside.
- 4Pour in the tomatoes and the water.
- 5Scatter the vegetables and herbs around the pot roast, season with salt and pepper; and drizzle with the remaining tablespoon of oil.
- 6Cover the pot and reduce the heat to low.
- 7Braise for about 3 hours, basting every 30 minutes with the pan juices, until the beef is fork tender.
- 8Slice the pot roast and arrange on platter surrounded by the vegetables.
- 9Serve with the pot juices.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tyler's Ultimate Pot Roast
Serving Size: 1 (702 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1386.7
- Calories from Fat 925
- Total Fat 102.8 g
- Saturated Fat 37.8 g
- Cholesterol 312.9 mg
- Sodium 861.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 13.7 g
- Protein 87.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: