Prep 45 mins
Cook 55 mins
Yum!!!! This sounds soooo good!! From Pillsbury Bake-Off 1992. Enjoy!
- 1 (19 1/2 ounce) package fudge brownie mix
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1⁄4 cup water
- 2 eggs
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen raspberries in light syrup, thawed
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup fresh raspberries or 1 cup frozen raspberries, without syrup, thawed, drained on paper towel, serving 3 for garnish
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons white Creme de Cacao, if desired
- 1 cup white vanilla chip, melted
- 1 cup whipping cream, whipped
- 1 tablespoon grated semisweet chocolate
- 3 whole fresh raspberries, if desired or
- 3 whole frozen raspberries, if desired
- 3 mint leaves, if desired
- Heat oven to 350. Grease bottom and sides of 9 or 10 inch springform pan. In large bowl, combine all brownie ingredients. Beat 50 strokes by hand. Spread batter in greased pan.
- Bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes or until center is set. Cool 30 minutes. Run knife around sides of pan to loosen; remove sides of pan. Cool completely.
- Place thawed raspberries in syrup in blender container or food processor bowl with metal blade. Cover; blend or process until pureed. Stain to remove seeds. In small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch. Gradually add raspberry puree; mix well. Bring to a boil; cook until mixture is clear, stirring constantly. Cool 5 minutes. Spread over brownie layer to within 1/2 inch of edges. Arrange 1 cup of fresh raspberries evenly over raspberry mixture; refrigerate.
- In medium bowl, combine cream cheese, powdered sugar and creme de cacao; beat until smooth. Add melted vanilla chips; beat until smooth. Fold in whipped cream. Cover; refrigerate 45 minutes.
- Stir topping mixture until smooth. Spread 1 1/2 cups of the topping over raspberries. Pipe or spoon on remaining topping.
- Refrigerate at least 1 hour or until firm. Sprinkle grated chocolate in 1 inch border around outside edge of torte. Garnish center with 3 whole raspberries and 3 mint leaves. Store in refrigerator.