I found this at another web site. I made changes to make it less spicy, more flavorful and more "Tuscan". My husband loves this so much he reheats it for breakfast! Some crusty bread and a glass Italian red wine, " Mama Mia " what a meal!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 links sweet Italian sausage links
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 cups beef broth
- 2 large baking potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained (Italian white kidney beans, you can use red)
- 1 bag Baby Spinach, chopped (found in the produce section with the ready to mix salad greens)
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- fresh ground pepper
- grated parmesan cheese
- 1Remove sausage skin, add sausage meat and onions to a 6 quart sauce pan.
- 2Cook over medium heat, breaking up the sausage, until no longer pink.
- 3Add broth, potato, garlic and basil.
- 4Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer until potato is tender.
- 5Add cannelini beans and spinach, cook until spinach is wilted.
- 6Add cream, salt and pepper, cook another minute or 2 until heated through.
- 7Serve in soup bowls and sprinkle with cheese.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Tuscan Soup
Serving Size: 1 (785 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 693.3
- Calories from Fat 378
- Total Fat 42.0 g
- Saturated Fat 17.6 g
- Cholesterol 99.9 mg
- Sodium 2157.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.3 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 36.0 g