Olive Garden Copycat Zuppa Toscana
This is a clone of the Olive Garden Zuppa Toscana. Tried and true, approved by former Olive Garden chefs.
- Ready In:
- 1 lb Italian sausage (I like mild sausage)
- 2 large russet baking potatoes, wash, sliced in half, and then in 1/4 inch slices
- 1 large vidalia onion, chopped
- 4 slices cooked bacon, chopped
- 1 teaspoon Accent seasoning (optional)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 2 garlic cloves, minced or 1 tablespoon of minced garlic from jar
- 2 cups packed in measuring cup kale or 2 cups swiss chard, chopped
- 2 (8 ounce) cans chicken broth, add i envelope of chicken bouillon for extra flavor
- 1 quart water
- 2 teaspoons flour or 2 teaspoons cornstarch, mixed with enough water to make a paste
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream (tempered)
- Chop or slice uncooked sausage into small pieces and cook until browned and meat is ground in bottom of your soup pan over med-high heat.
- Add onions, garlic, salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes to Sausage and cook until onions are clear and aromatics of the seasonings blend together.
- Reduce heat back to medium and place, potatoes, in the pot. and slowly add the Chicken Stock and water and stir. (use Chicken Bouillon envelope for extra flavor is Chicken Stock is weak).
- Cook on medium heat until potatoes are done and stir occasionally. Once Potatoes are done, Add flour or cornstarch and simmer for another 15 minutes.
- Reduce heat to lowest setting and sprinkle in your kale and cooked bacon and slowly pour cream while stirring.
- Check for taste and then serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I made this for a church fundraiser on Ash Wednesday. People loved it and not a drop was left. I have been asked to share the recipe! I made it stove top up to the addition of kale, bacon and cream. Transferred it to a hot crock pot to carry to church. Added the kale, cream and bacon to the crock pot and served about 30 minutes later. Success!Reply
see 968 more