Recipe by Victoria in Fort Wayne
From the Best Life Diet. Really easy and yummy.
Top Review by The Amaze-Ing Me
Nice and light soup. Easy to prepare. Didn't use the summer squash just used more zucchini with carrot. May puree half of the beans to thicken the broth a bit like pasta e fagioli since I'm not big on thin soups. Gave the toddler horrible gas (got up at 3 am) but the rest of us were ok ;). Would make again.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups diced zucchini
- 2 cups diced summer squash
- 3⁄4 cup diced carrot
- 3⁄4 cup diced onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning (or more)
- 4 cups all natural reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat elbow macaroni
- 3 fresh thyme sprigs
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄3 cup loosely packed fresh basil, in strips
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in large pot or dutch oven over medium high.
- Add zucchini, squash, carrot, onion, garlic and Italian seasoning, stirring frequently until the vegetable start to soften, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in broth and diced tomatoes.
- Add beans and uncooked pasta.
- Cover the mixture and let simmer 10 minutes.
- Add thyme sprigs and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve in individual bowls garnished with Parmesan cheese and basil.