Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
From the Best Life Diet. Really easy and yummy.
Make and share this Tuscan Minestrone Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups diced zucchini
- 2 cups diced summer squash
- 3⁄4 cup diced carrot
- 3⁄4 cup diced onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning (or more)
- 4 cups all natural reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat elbow macaroni
- 3 fresh thyme sprigs
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄3 cup parmesan cheese
- 1⁄3 cup loosely packed fresh basil, in strips
- Heat oil in large pot or dutch oven over medium high.
- Add zucchini, squash, carrot, onion, garlic and Italian seasoning, stirring frequently until the vegetable start to soften, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in broth and diced tomatoes.
- Add beans and uncooked pasta.
- Cover the mixture and let simmer 10 minutes.
- Add thyme sprigs and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve in individual bowls garnished with Parmesan cheese and basil.
Nice and light soup. Easy to prepare. Didn't use the summer squash just used more zucchini with carrot. May puree half of the beans to thicken the broth a bit like pasta e fagioli since I'm not big on thin soups. Gave the toddler horrible gas (got up at 3 am) but the rest of us were ok ;). Would make again.