Recipe by diner524
While looking for Italian recipes, found this one posted in The New York Times which states it was Adapted from Anstice Carroll. I am not a fan of rosemary, so I will leave that out of my marinade.
Top Review by Annacia
I put this together this evening after marinating all day. Great flavor and the beef was nice and tender. Loved using the fresh herbs. Thanks for a very enjoyable recipe. Made for Culinary Quest 2014.
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup extra-virgin olive oil, preferably Tuscan
- 1⁄2 cup dry italian red wine
- 1⁄4 cup fresh oregano, chopped (or 1 tablespoon dried)
- 1⁄3 cup fresh sage, chopped (or 2 tablespoons dried)
- 3 sprigs fresh rosemary (or 1 teaspoon dried)
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon zest (or orange zest)
- 4 beef steaks (about 6 ounces each)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small glass or ceramic bowl, combine all ingredients except steaks. Cover, and refrigerate until needed, up to four days.
- In a wide, shallow glass or ceramic bowl, combine the steaks and marinade. Turn the steaks to coat them well. Cover, and refrigerate overnight.
- Wipe excess marinade from steaks and discard. Grill to taste.