1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 10 mins
A slightly lighter version, based on an Everyday Food recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 lb mushroom, cleaned and sliced
- 3 stalks celery, peeled and chopped
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3 cups 2% low-fat milk
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/2 cup dry sherry
- 3 cups parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 lb linguine, broken in half
- 4 cups turkey breast, skin removed, and cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1Prehat oven to 400. Bring a large pot of salted water to boil for pasta.
- 2In a large sauce pan, melt 2 tablespoons butter over high heat. Add mushrooms and season with salt and peper. Cook, turning frequently, until tender and browned, 8-10 minutes. Add celery and sautee until softened. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
- 3Make sauce: in same saucepan, melt remaining butter over medium heat. Add flour; cook, whisking, about 1 minute. Whisking constantly, gradually add milk, broth, and sherry. Bring to a boil, reduce to simmer, and add 2 cups parmesan and thyme. Season with salt and pepper.
- 4Cook pasta 2-3 minutes less than package directions; drain. Add to pot and toss well with turkey, mushrooms, and sauce. Divide between two shallow 2-quart baking dishes. Sprinkle with remaining parmesan.
- 5Bake until browned, about 30 minutes, or freeze. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
- 6To freeze: let pasta cool to room temp, cover tightly with foil, freeze up to 3 months. Bake, covered with foil, from frozen at 400 until center is warm, about 2 hours. Uncover and bake 20 minutes until top is browned.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turkey Tetrazzini
Serving Size: 1 (339 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 583.6
- Calories from Fat 177
- Total Fat 19.7 g
- Saturated Fat 11.5 g
- Cholesterol 55.5 mg
- Sodium 688.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.9 g
- Sugars 7.8 g
- Protein 28.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: