Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
For deer season I always take care of chuck wagon for the hunters by throwing things together. This is what I came up with using the leftover in the refridgerator. It feeds about 12 hunters and the pot was empty at the end of the day. The porportions are ALL estimates.
- 2 (4 ounce) cans mushrooms
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons garlic, chopped
- 2 (10 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 3 cups chicken (about 3 cups ) or 3 cups turkey (about 3 cups )
- 3 (46 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 16 ounces frozen vegetables
- 2 cups wild rice
- 2 cups white rice
- put everything in BIG stock pot except for rice.
- bring to a boil and add the rice. Make sure there is enough broth to cook rice fully.
- stir occasionally to keep rice for sticking to the bottom of pot.
- when rice is fully cooked serve with crusty bread in a deep bowl and watch it disappear.