Black Bean and Rice Stew
Black beans are a staple of the Brazilian diet.
- Ready In:
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- 1 small garlic clove, crushed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 cup beef broth
- 8 ounces dried black beans, cooked
- 1⁄2 cup brown rice, cooked
- 1 ounce slice red onion
- In saucepan combine green pepper, garlic, oregano and cumin with 1/4 cup beef broth.
- Simmer 10 minutes; stir in black beans and rice and more broth if needed. Serve in a bowl with slice of raw onion.
- NOTE: Cooking time does not include the preparation of the black beans.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
Healthy and satisfying as well as healthy. (I'd be willing to bet that the current nutritional info is incorrect. 97% of the calories are from fat?) As written, the recipe is almost too mild in flavor, I think. I increased the cumin and oregano becuase the amounts listed were barely detectable. I also added chopped red onion right into the stew as well as using for garnish. I also garnished with cilantro and would add it right into the stew next time. Thanx for sharing!Reply