Recipe by CJAY
Just in time for those Thanksgiving leftovers. I made the cranberry sauce yesterday and the candied bacon this morning. Hopefully, you’ll have some cranberry sauce left.
Top Review by Susie D
We liked this sandwich and made it twice. It was a great use of leftover turkey & cranberry sauce after Thanksgiving. All of the parts of the sandwich meld together into a delicious combination, but the candied bacon takes it over the top! I'll be making it for other sandwiches so this is a winner of a recipe for me. Thanks chef & good luck!
- 12 ounces cranberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄3 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 8 slices center-cut bacon
- 12 ounces turkey breast, slices
- 4 slices havarti cheese
- 1⁄2 cup onion, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup poblano pepper, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup fresh basil
- 4 French rolls, split
- mayonnaise (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Make cranberry sauce (or use leftover) as follows:.
- Mix cranberries, sugar, orange juice and water in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil; simmer until berries pop. Chill until ready to use.
- Make candied bacon:.
- Preheat oven to 400*. Mix brown sugar and chili powder. Coat each slice of bacon on both sides with sugar mixture. Place bacon on a cookie sheet with sides and bake 15-20 minutes. Drain.
- Saute onions, poblano, and red bell pepper in olive oil.
- Spread rolls with mayo (if using). Spread cranberry sauce over mayo. Top with basil, turkey, sauteed veggies, bacon, and cheese.
- Cook on preheated panini grill until hot and cheese is melted, about 5-10 minutes. Serve with additional cranberry sauce on the side.