Recipe by MicheleE
Very tasty meatloaf using ground turkey. From the Oct 2010 issue of Everyday Food magazine. I wanted to add it to my cookbook here so I am re-posting.
Top Review by Ababsy
This was one of the most flavorful turkey meatloaves I ever made. I did modify a little bit and only used 4 strips of turkey bacon. My husband loves beef, but he raved about this.
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 4 ounces turkey bacon, chopped
- 1⁄2 yellow onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 3⁄4 cup chopped green bell pepper
- coarse salt & ground pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3⁄4 cup rolled oats
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground turkey
- 1 1⁄2 cups sweet chili sauce or 1 1⁄2 cups ketchup
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350. In a large skillet, heat oil over medium high heat. Cook bacon, stirring until almost crisp (4 min). Add onion and bell pepper, season to taste with salt and pepper and cook additional 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook 1 minute.
- Transfer mixture to a large bowl & add oats and evaporated milk.
- Let cool.
- Add turkey, 1/2 tsp salt, 1/2 tsp pepper and 2 TBSP chili sauce (or ketchup) and still well to combine.
- Transfer mixture to a 5x9 loaf pan and smooth top.
- Spread remaining sauce (ketchup) over top.
- Bake 1 hour 10 minute until instant read thermometer reads 165.
- Let cool in pan 10 min before slicing.