Chocolate Mint Icebox Cake
This easy recipe came from an issue of Everyday Food magazine. It's quickly become one of my favorite homemade desserts. Find the chocolate wafers with the ice cream toppings at the grocery store.
- Ready In:
- 4hrs 15mins
- 1 3⁄4 cups chilled heavy whipping cream
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon mint extract
- 1 (9 ounce) package chocolate wafers
- 1 cup miniature chocolate chip
- To make the mint cream, beat the heavy cream, sugar and mint extract together with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
- To assemble the cake, spread each wafer with about ½ tablespoon min cream, forming stacks. Lay the stacks horizontally on a long serving platter, pressing gently to form a log.
- With a small spatula or knife, cover the log with the remaining mint cream.
- Refrigerate, covered, at least four hours or up to two days. Sprinkle with the chocolate chips before serving.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION