1/4 Photos of Turkey Meatloaf
1 hr 15 mins
The original recipe for this came from Joan Lunden's Healthy Cooking. I've changed a couple things to our tastes. This is a very moist,delicious meat loaf. Its my favorite. I leave the topping off as my family doesn't care for it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/3 cup oatmeal
- 1/3 cup nonfat milk
- 1 1/4 lbs ground turkey
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 green bell pepper, finely chopped (or 1/2 red bell pepper)
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin (to taste)
- salt and pepper
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Place oatmeal, milk and turkey in a large bowl. Mix well.
- 3Add egg white, onion, garlic, bell pepper ( I use both kinds), ketchup, oregano, cumin and salt and pepper.
- 4Mix well.
- 5Place mixture in a 9 x 5 loaf pan. Press into pan and smooth the top.
- 6Bake in the preheated oven for 40 minutes.
- 7While it is baking, mix topping.
- 8In a small bowl, stir together the brown sugar, ketchup and dry mustard.
- 9Remove the meatloaf from the oven after 40 minutes.
- 10Drain off some of the liquid that has accumulated. You can save it to use as a gravy if you wish.
- 11Spread topping over the meatloaf. Bake for an additional 20 minutes or until done.
- 12Let stand 5 minutes before slicing.
Browse Our Top Poultry Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Turkey Meatloaf
Serving Size: 1 (167 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 327.2
- Calories from Fat 105
- Total Fat 11.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.0 g
- Cholesterol 98.3 mg
- Sodium 402.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 18.4 g
- Protein 31.4 g