Due to my dietary requirements I am always on the lookout for healthy and low fat twists on the fatty meals I used to enjoy. We like burgers and we like curries and so that was the inspiration for this healthier turkey curry burger. I serve them on buns with a bit of crisp lettuce and an extra teaspoon of the chutney spread over the each burger.
- Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl with your hands until well combined.
- Put into the fridge for about 10 minutes to allow the mixture to firm up a bit.
- Take out of the fridge and form into four equal sized patties.
- Fry the burgers as you would any other burger for about 5 minutes each side or until cooked through. (I do mine on my Foreman Grill brushed very lightly with some canola oil to save me having to fry them and add extra fats).
- Put on buns and top with your choice of toppings (I go simply with crisp lettuce and a bit of extra mango chutney) and serve.
These have become a regular meal at our house. Extremely quick to prepare, healthy and delicious! I serve them on a toasted whole wheat english muffin with lettuce, tomato, and more mango chutney. YUMMY!
Delicious! These healthy burgers are quick, easy and so full of flavor. I made them exactly as written, cooking them on my George Foreman grill for 10 mins. To make them even healthier I served them on whole wheat hamburger buns. Half of my family topped the burgers with only the lettuce and chutney, while the other half had the usual hamburger toppings (mustard, mayo, relish, lettuce, tomato, & pickles). My family loved them!! Thank you for sharing this fabulous recipe...it is definitely a keeper!! *Made for Tic-Tac-Toe Week #1*
These burgers were great! They had lots of flavor and were very moist and just yummy :) Thanks, made this for ZWT4 for the Chic Chefs.