Mermaid Delights (Tuna Patties / Burgers)
- Ready In:
- 1 (6 1/2 ounce) can tuna
- 1 egg
- 14 Ritz crackers (or about 1/2 cup breadcrumbs)
- 1 medium carrot, shredded
- 1⁄3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- If you'd like to, run your carrots through a food processor so they aren't identifiable in the finished patties.
- Blend all ingredients together in a bowl, and form 3-4 patties. Preheat your ovens broiler.
- Broil for 4 minutes on one side, flip, and broil for 3 minutes more. Add a slice of cheese if desired, and broil 1 minute more.
Join The Conversation
This is a great recipe. Very kid pleaser. My son had this for dinner and he told me 5 stars. There was nothing left of the tuna patties in his bowl. But the rice I gave him was still in it. So I guess the patties were a success. And that's great cause there is no oil to cook them. Thanks Random Rachel :) Made for All you can cook buffet
Great tuna burgers! I used the small side of my grater for the carrot and opted to use the breadcrumbs. The carrot was cooked through and burgers cooked up nice. I put a slice of swiss cheese on them. I used hamburger buns with lettuce and tartar sauce. Served with a cup of soup for a delicious light dinner. Thanks for sharing. Made for Spring PAC 2012.
Made these for dinner tonight and they were great! I have wanted to make this for so long now and I'm glad I finally did. Fast and easy to prepare and cook. I had no problem with the carrots being undercooked, but it's most likely because I used my zester to make a very fine grate. I added pepper and parsley and I think next time I will add garlic powder, fine chopped onion or onion powder and cayenne. It will be fun to play around with this recipe. Thanks again for posting this quick kid friendly recipe.