Here's a great way to serve that holiday leftover turkey. Recipe came from Betty Crocker's Dinner in a Dish. It's another one of those great "comfort foods." We love it and hope you do too. Let me know what you think.
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons sherry wine
- 7 ounces spaghetti, broken into small pieces,cooked and drained
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey or 2 cups cooked chicken
- 1 (3 ounce) can sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1⁄2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 350F.
- Melt butter over low heat.
- Blend in flour and seasonings.
- Cook, stirring until mixture is smooth and bubbly.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in broth and cream.
- Heat to boiling, stirring constantly.
- Boil 1 minute.
- Add sherry.
- Stir in spaghetti, turkey, and mushrooms.
- Pour into a square baking dish, 8x8x2".
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 30 minutes or until bubbly in center.
- If desired, brown top by placing briefly under broiler.
- Garnish with parsley and green olives, if desired.