Soft & Sweet Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter, softened
- 1 1⁄4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 1⁄4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups coarsely chopped nuts, if desired (optional)
- 1 (24 ounce) package semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 375.
- Beat margarine, sugars, vanilla and eggs in large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed.
- Stir in flour, baking soda and salt (dough will be stiff).
- Stir in nuts (if using) and chocolate chips.
- Drop dough by level 1/4 cups about 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet. Flatten slightly with fork.
- Bake 13 to 15 minutes or until light brown (centers will be soft).
- Cool 1 to 2 minutes; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack.
Join The Conversation