Recipe by JanetB-KY
Posting for ZWT 2006 this is an appetizer or cold side dish. Sounds nicely spiced and very interesting. I would think the spices in this could be played with a little bit.
Top Review by Annacia
I doubt that I had a full pound of potatoes but I used the full amount of dressing mix and it was all absorbed by the spuds. The seasoning seemed sharp when first mixed but a few hrs later everything was getting along very well and the overall flavor was more rich and full than sharp. I really like the kalamata usage here and will add fresh chopped parsley at serving time this evening. I should also mention that I didn't add any sugar or sweetener for personal preference.
- 1 lb baby potatoes
- salt, as needed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 -3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 15 -20 mediterranean oil-cured black olives (such as Kalamata)
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the potatoes in a pot with water to cover; add 1 teaspoon salt and the sugar.
- Bring to a boil over high heat then reduce heat and simmer for about 15 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.
- Drain the potatoes, return them to the pan and shake in the dry pan for a few minutes, until thoroughly dry.
- Cut the potatoes into thick slices, several per potato, or into quarters.
- Place in a bowl and toss with the cumin, paprika, cayenne, garlic and olives.
- Dress with the olive oil, lemon juice and salt; refrigerate until ready to serve, or serve at room temperature.