Posting for ZWT 2006 this is an appetizer or cold side dish. Sounds nicely spiced and very interesting. I would think the spices in this could be played with a little bit.
- Place the potatoes in a pot with water to cover; add 1 teaspoon salt and the sugar.
- Bring to a boil over high heat then reduce heat and simmer for about 15 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender.
- Drain the potatoes, return them to the pan and shake in the dry pan for a few minutes, until thoroughly dry.
- Cut the potatoes into thick slices, several per potato, or into quarters.
- Place in a bowl and toss with the cumin, paprika, cayenne, garlic and olives.
- Dress with the olive oil, lemon juice and salt; refrigerate until ready to serve, or serve at room temperature.