Prep 15 mins
Cook 13 mins
I'm not a huge canned tuna fan, but this is pretty tasty. Next time I'll add some jalapenos. Recipe courtesy of Taste of Home Contest Winning Annual Recipes 2010 and Stella Dobmeier of Kamloops, British Columbia.
- 3⁄4 cup mayonnaise, divided
- 2 tablespoons green peppers, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons onions, grated
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 7 1⁄8 ounces tuna
- 3 hamburger buns, split
- 6 slices tomatoes
- 3⁄4 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- In a small bowl, combine 1/4 cup mayonnaise, green pepper, onion, mustard, and Worcestershire sauce. Stir in tuna.
- Spread over each bun half and top each with a tomato slice.
- Arrange sandwiches on a baking sheet.
- In another bowl, combine the cheese and remaining mayonnaise and spoon cheese mixture over tomato.
- Bake at 400 for 11 to 13 minutes or until topping is puffy and golden brown.