Tuna Puff Pies
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄3 sheets frozen reduced-fat puff pastry, thawed
- 425 g tuna in brine
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1⁄4 cup capers
- 1 teaspoon dill
- salt, to taste
- fresh ground black pepper or cayenne pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 - 1 cup low-fat sour cream
- 2 tablespoons parsley, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, finely grated
- Drain the tuna and flake with a fork into chunky pieces.
- Cut the whole pastry sheet into 9 squares of 8cm x 8cm, and the 1/3 of a sheet into 3 squares. Arrange each pastry square into a greased muffin pan.
- Divide the tuna evenly between the 12 pastry cases, sprinkle evenly with spring onions, garlic, capers and dill; and add salt and fresh ground black pepper or cayenne pepper, to taste. Top each Tuna Puff Pie with a dollop of sour cream (YOU decide on the size of the dollop!) and sprinkle with parsley and lemon zest.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 200°C for 18 minutes.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
"July 2008 update: VERY happy to be back on Zaar after about a two year absence due to having had no internet connection at home, and having been too unwell for a time so that getting re-connected wasn't even a priority! <br> <br>And really looking forward to getting back into the Zaar world and connecting again with the many wonderful people I knew before, and new people, of course!"
Join The Conversation
Crispy puff pastry easily shaped into cases and filled with tuna, spring onions, garlic, capers, dill and sour cream. Quantities are so easily varied in a recipe such as this one, so do add more or less sour cream, depending on how creamy you'd like your Tuna Puff Pies to be, and the appropriate amount of cayenne pepper if you want them to have some bite! Adapted from a recipe on the Simply Great Meals website.