- 3 cups medium noodles or 1 cup elbow macaroni
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 (11 ounce) can condensed cheddar cheese soup or 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1 (9 1/4 ounce) can tuna, drained and broken into chunks
- 1⁄4 cup pimiento, chopped
- 2 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook noodles or macaroni according to pkg directions and set aside.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan cook celery and onion in butter or margarine till softened. Stir in soup and milk.
- Gently stir in tuna, pimiento and the cooked noodles or macaroni.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and bake at 375 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes or until heated through.
- Extra-Creamy Tuna Noodle Casserole: Prepare as above, but substitute 8 oz carton of sour cream or plain yogurt for the milk.
- Stir 1 to 2 tbsp of milk into mixture if needed to obtain desired consistency.
- Vegetable Tuna Noodle Casserole: Prepare as above and stir in 1 cup cooked vegetables with tuna.